- Use menu to search all families, genera & species for a text match.
- Click/Touch genus/family names to view all applicable species/genera.
- Click/Touch genus letter below to view all genera starting with letter
linea, = a linen thread, a string, line; -alis, -aris, = belonging or pertaining to, resembling, provided with. linearis, = of or belonging to lines, consisting of lines, linear. (narrow, short,with the two opposite margins parallel) rete, = a net, snare; -ulus, = diminutive. reticulum, = a little net, a cloth made like a net, a network-bag for carrying or keepinganything in. -atus, = indicates possession or likeness.
The 2739 species, 671 genera and 184 families of plants have been compiled from the lists of the plants:
- of the Hermanus Botanical Society compiled by Lee Burman, for the plants in the Fernkloof Nature Reserve, and the Vogelgat Private Nature Reserve, Hermanus. Location: (F).
- of Mark Johns, Director of the Kogelberg Reserve, and of COASTEC, environmental consultants, for the plants in the Kogelberg Nature Reserve, Betty’s Bay, in the WesternCape Province, South Africa. Location: (K).
- of Christopher Whitehouse, for the plants in the Phillipskop Mountain Reserve, Stanford, in the Western Cape Province, South Africa. Location: (P).
Suggestions for improvements to the lists and comments would be welcomed.