- Use menu to search all families, genera & species for a text match.
- Click/Touch genus/family names to view all applicable species/genera.
- Click/Touch genus letter below to view all genera starting with letter
Apparently named for Paul Bigelow Sears (1891-1990).** [The name 'karee' is rather loosely applied to several species of Searsia. It is a literal translation from the original Khoi name. The small rounded edible fruits give many species the names rosyntjiebos or - boom (raisin bush / -tree).]
The 2634 species, 644 genera and 178 families of plants have been compiled from the lists of the plants:
- of the Hermanus Botanical Society compiled by Lee Burman, for the plants in the Fernkloof Nature Reserve, and the Vogelgat Private Nature Reserve, Hermanus. Location: (F).
- of Mark Johns, Director of the Kogelberg Reserve, and of COASTEC, environmental consultants, for the plants in the Kogelberg Nature Reserve, Betty’s Bay, in the WesternCape Province, South Africa. Location: (K).
- of Christopher Whitehouse, for the plants in the Phillipskop Mountain Reserve, Stanford, in the Western Cape Province, South Africa. Location: (P).
Suggestions for improvements to the lists and comments would be welcomed.